Role of EMR advisors
The role of Doctors Nova Scotia's EMR advisors is to:
- Answer general or specific questions about EMRs
- Answer general or specific questions about voice recognition/dictation technologies
- Advise how to implement incoming and outgoing electronic faxing thus reducing paper cost
- Help escalate issues related to service or support
- Provide a conduit to committees that set direction and policies on EMR-related issues in the province.
- Answer general or specific IT-related questions
- Assisting with encrypting computers to help protect patient data
Contact EMR advisors
Brent Andrews works out of the Doctors Nova Scotia office in Dartmouth and covers IWK, Central, Western, and Northern (Colchester County and Municipality of East Hants) zones.
Derek Stewart lives in Sydney and covers Eastern and Northern (Cumberland and Pictou Counties) zones.
EMR advisor, IWK, Central, Western, and Northern (Colchester County and Municipality of East Hants) zones
(902) 225-8577 (cell)
EMR advisor, Eastern and Northern (Cumberland and Pictou Counties) zones
1-800-563-3427 ext. 4931 (office)
(902) 565-4568 (cell)