The Professional Support Program offers assessments, advice and peer support to determine what services will best meet each client’s needs. The program coordinators provide information on and recommendations for a variety of services, including private psychologists, support groups, courses and programs on physician well-being.
- Substance use disorders: substance abuse and substance dependence
- Mental health issues: stress, fatigue, burnout, depression or anxiety
- Relationship stress: involving co-workers, colleagues or family members
- Career and life transitions: relationship breakup, retirement stress or changing professional interests
- Workplace conflict: interpersonal conflict between colleagues
- Concern for colleagues: observed irregular or distressing behaviour of a physician, resident or medical student
- Medico-legal issues
The program coordinators can also make referrals to psychiatrists, addiction treatment programs or other medical specialists as required.