In addition to reporting on the activities of Doctors Nova Scotia (DNS), doctorsNS
also reports on issues and events that shape the health-care system on a provincial and national level, including economic, legislative and professional issues affecting Nova Scotia physicians.
Most of the articles that appear in doctorsNS
are written by DNS staff, members and stakeholders. doctorsNS
also accepts relevant submissions from external sources, including professional associations, educational institutions and research groups.
Authors and organizations interested in submitting a piece for publication in doctorsNS
are encouraged to email a pitch (a brief outline of the proposed topic) to the production manager, Melissa Murray
Pitches should briefly answer the following questions:
- What is the article about?
- Who is involved?
- When will/did it happen?
- Where will/did it happen?
- How will it affect physicians in Nova Scotia?
- Why should physicians read about this project/event/research?
- Do you have a photograph, chart, graph or other illustration that could accompany this story?
- Where could our readers go to find out more (e.g., a website or another publication)?
All submissions will be reviewed by the magazine’s editorial board prior to being accepted.
| Issue date||Pitch deadline||Article deadline|
|February ||Dec. 1||Jan. 4|
|March||Jan. 4||Feb. 1|
|April ||Feb. 1||March 1|
|May||March 1||April 3|
|June||April 3||May 1|
|July/August||May 1||June 16|
|September||July 4||August 1|
|October ||August 1||Sept. 1|
|November||Sept. 1||Oct. 2|
|December/January||Oct. 2||Nov. 1|
Article submission guidelines