Advertisements are available on the members’ side of doctorsNS.com through banners.
Advertising isn't accepted for the public side of doctorsNS.com.
The integrity and credibility of Doctors Nova Scotia and its members shall be the overriding consideration in all advertising. It's in the best interest of both Doctors Nova Scotia and the advertiser to ensure that doctorsNS.com remains a trusted and credible source of information for physicians.
The association recognizes that advertising must be pursued only as it doesn't impede the following core principles:
- Editorial independence
- Institutional integrity
- Consistency with the association’s mission, vision and values
This advertising policy is applied by the association to ensure adherence to these core principles.
Doctors Nova Scotia may change this policy at any time at its sole discretion by posting and dating a revised policy on doctorsNS.com.
doctorsNS.com hosts advertisement banners which can link to a third-party website.
Eligibility for advertising
- Advertising on doctorsNS.com is available only on the members’ side of the website. Organizations or companies may advertise with doctorsNS.com.
- Preference is given to advertising that's relevant to medical practice, medical education, professional development, healthy living or health-care delivery.
- Advertising must be factually accurate, must not be misleading, and must be in good taste.
- Advertising from organizations that manufacture or promote products or services such as tobacco, alcoholic beverages, weapons, gambling or pornography, or products that violate association policy are not eligible.
- Advertisers will not determine specific editorial content or in any way influence editorial or the content decision-making of doctorsNS.com.
- Doctors Nova Scotia reserves the right of final approval of all advertising on doctorsNS.com and the right to refuse or terminate any advertisement in its sole and entire discretion.
Linking from an advertisement
Advertisements may link from the originating page; however such links must permit the user to return to the originating page. The user will be informed that by proceeding, the user will be leaving the website and Doctors Nova Scotia does not assume any responsibility for material on the linked site.
Doctors Nova Scotia reserves the right to not link, or to remove links, to other websites.
Doctors Nova Scotia shall not be liable for any damages, claims, liabilities, costs or obligations arising from the use or misuse of the advertising material that appears, whether such obligations arise in contract, negligence, equity or statue law.