The Policy & Health Issues Committee (PHIC) is responsible for developing and reviewing evidence-based policies, positions and perspectives on issues of interest and importance to Doctors Nova Scotia.
PHIC is advisory to the Board of Directors.
- A member of Doctors Nova Scotia
- Able to commit to a 2-year term
- Possess general knowledge and/or interest in health-care Issues
- 2-3 hour meetings every 5-6 weeks
- 2 hours of preparation time to read meeting materials
Expression of interest
Doctors Nova Scotia members interested in serving on the Policy & Health Issues Committee can submit an Expression of Interest form. The deadline for submitting an expression of interest for June 2016 vacancies was March 25. Expressions of interest submitted after March 25 will be considered for next year’s vacancies.
Note: Expressions of Interest will be kept for two years. After two years members will have to re-submit.