The Governance Committee is responsible for providing oversight of the Board’s governance practices with the objective of ensuring good governance, accountability and transparency.
- Be a member of Doctors Nova Scotia;
- Possess general knowledge of or interest in governance;
- Be willing to commit to a two or three-year term of approximately 4-6 meetings per year;
- Experience on a Governance Committee or a Board would be considered an asset; and
- An Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) or comparable designation would be considered an asset.
- Approximately seven meetings per year (can participate by teleconference)
- Review of meeting materials
Expression of interest
Doctors Nova Scotia members interested in serving on the Governance Committee can submit an Expression of Interest form.
Note: Expressions of Interest will be kept for two years. After two years members will have to re-submit.
Director, Corporate Services