The Governance Committee is responsible for providing oversight of the Board’s governance practices with the objective of ensuring good governance, accountability and transparency.
- Be a member of Doctors Nova Scotia;
- Possess general knowledge of or interest in governance;
- Be willing to commit to a two or three-year term of approximately 4-6 meetings per year;
- Experience on a Governance Committee or a Board would be considered an asset; and
- An Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) or comparable designation would be considered an asset.
- Approximately seven meetings per year (can participate by teleconference)
- Review of meeting materials
Expression of interest
Doctors Nova Scotia members interested in serving on the Governance Committee can submit an Expression of Interest form. The deadline for submitting an expression of interest for June 2016 vacancies was March 25. Expressions of interest submitted after March 25 will be considered for next year’s vacancies.
Note: Expressions of Interest will be kept for two years. After two years members will have to re-submit.
Director, Corporate Services