The Fee Committee will have decision-making authority to approve adjustments to the MSI Physician's Manual, including:.
- the introduction of new fees
- revisions or deletions of existing fee codes
- additions, revisions or clarifications of the Preamble to the MSI Physician’s Manual
When the committee cannot reach consensus or has insufficient budget the matter will be referred to the Master Agreement Management Group (MAMG).
The Fee Committee will operate under the same terms of reference as the former Fee Schedule Advisory Committee (FSAC) unless amended by the Fee Committee.
- A member of Doctors Nova Scotia
- Solid understanding of physician billing rules/Preamble
- Willing to commit to a 3-year term
- Willing to represent the entire physician membership, not just their section
- Not currently a member of the Doctors Nova Scotia Board of Directors
- Willing to work collaboratively with Department of Health and Wellness
- 11 meetings per year (4-hour duration)
- Review of meeting materials
- Additional meetings as required
- Fee Committee terms do not have end dates; however, the appointments have to be renewed by the Board of Directors every three years
Expression of interest
Doctors Nova Scotia members interested in serving on the Fee Committee can submit an Expression of Interest form.
Note: Expressions of Interest will be kept for two years. After two years members will have to re-submit.
Billing appeals advisor
1-800-563-3427 ext. 4922