Nominations are open until March 3.
Any eligible Doctors Nova Scotia member may be nominated. All nominations must be made by a nomination form.
March 3 is the deadline for President-Elect nominations for the 2017 Annual General Meeting.
|Jan 26||Nomination packages sent to all members and posted online|
|March 3||Nomination deadline|
|Mid-March||Nominating Committee reviews nominations and selects preferred candidate|
|March 24||Nominating Committee recommends candidate during the March meeting of the Board of Directors|
|June 3||New President-Elect approved at Annual General Meeting|
The Nominating Committee will use the following criteria to select a candidate for President-Elect:
Considered an asset:
- Be a member in good standing
- Have been a member for at least five years
- Have experience in leadership roles
- Be recognized as a leader by their peers
- Have good communications skills
- Have nomination supported by two Doctors Nova Scotia members
- Experience on Doctors Nova Scotia Board of Directors
- Other governance experience
- Formal leadership development or training
If the Nominating Committee has more than one strong candidate, it may choose to consider other determinants such as geographic region, specialty or gender. Diversity can be a consideration if the committee feels it’s necessary.
Director, Corporate Services