Nominations for Doctors Nova Scotia's 2018-19 President-Elect have closed. The Nominating Committee will recommend a candidate during the May Board of Directors meeting.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful nominee will be expected to
serve a three-year term: a year as President-Elect, a year as President and,
finally, a year as Past-President. Serving on the Board of Directors and the
Board Executive Committee is part of the three-year commitment. More information can be found in the attached Role of Officers.
Any eligible Doctors Nova Scotia member may be nominated for President-Elect.
Feb. 28 was the deadline for President-Elect nominations for the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
|Jan. 18||Nomination packages sent to all members and posted online|
|Feb. 28||Nomination deadline|
|February-March||Nominating Committee reviews nominations and selects preferred candidate|
|March 9||Nominating Committee recommends candidate during the March meeting of the Board of Directors|
|June 9||New President-Elect approved at Annual General Meeting|
The Nominating Committee will use the following criteria to select a candidate for President-Elect:Mandatory:
Considered an asset:
- Be a member in good standing
- Have been a member for at least five years
- Have experience in leadership roles
- Be recognized as a leader by their peers
- Have good communications skills
- Have nomination supported by two Doctors Nova Scotia members
- Experience on Doctors Nova Scotia Board of Directors
- Other governance experience
- Formal leadership development or training
If the Nominating Committee has more than one strong candidate, it may choose to consider other determinants such as geographic region, specialty or gender. Diversity can be a consideration if the committee feels it’s necessary.
Executive assistant to the President & CEO
1-800-563-3427 ext. 4900